Monday, March 2, 2009

Skeletons


Painting: Kathryn Boehm

This is a painting in progress, one I started this Summer. The orange is the ground stain, so most of it will be painted over, leaving just little hints here and there.




Photo: Kathryn Boehm

Here is a current snapshot of my bulletin board. National Geographic images of glacial fields, dried plant materials and orange twine.




Photo: Kathryn Boehm

The stems and leaf are skeletons of sorts, just a fragment of the whole. Grape stems cast such interesting shadows.

1 comment:

  1. K, so good to see your work. That orange is amazing... it helps to give the work a muscularity that seems new for you. Muscularity is my new favorite word, btw...I've been using it to describe assertive poems. I also enjoyed seeing pix of your bulletin board. I am always curious about the ephemera that artists gather in the workspaces for reference or inspiration. Today, I think I would like to cover my bulletin board in seed packets.

    ReplyDelete