Sunday, February 22, 2009

Stirrings

I've been thinking about sculpture and poetry and this image speaks to something stirring in my subconsciousness. The hive hangs from the tree like an adornment. I love it's fluidity, it's texture, and color.

Photo by Chris Buckley
http://www.pbase.com/gandolf67/image/12856770

The hive image reminded me of a photo I recently took on a walk in Jamaica Plain...

Photo by Phoenix Mayet

I snapped this image outside of the Rochester Library and it's been in the back of my mind ever since. I like all the lines, the stubborn angularity chanted by every brick and mitered edge. But the white line bisecting the clear sky, the trail left by a passing jet, authoritatively asserts itself for only a moment before fading from memory like the signatures of the dead.

Photo by Phoenix Mayet

I also took a couple of photos of the pen I made for Joey's birthday...



Photos by Phoenix Mayet

No comments:

Post a Comment